Translate

Thursday, November 7, 2013

This is Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite American holidays (although I prefer Christmas). Families decorate their houses in preparation for trick-or-treating children on the 31st of October.

Some people have very elaborate decorations...
These people really love Halloween
My house (in California) on Halloween
And some people may only put out one pumpkin in front of their house. Carving (cutting) pumpkins to make jack-o-lanterns is another Halloween tradition. In the United States you can buy specific tools (kits) to help carve the perfect pumpkin.
Me, carving a pumpkin

Some pumpkins I have carved
We can also call carved pumpkins "jack-o-lanterns"
Costumes are also an important part of Halloween. Children dress up and go from house to house asking for candy. We call it "trick-or-treating." This is mostly for kids, but adults still can have fun dressing up. I like scary costumes best.


WARNING: THIS NEXT PICTURE SHOWS MY FRIENDS AND I DRESSED AS ZOMBIES. WE LOOK GROSS AND BLOODY, BUT IT'S ONLY MAKE-UP. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT, GO TO THE NEXT PICTURE.
No assistants were harmed in the making of these costumes
Of course, not all costumes have to be scary. Kids can be princesses, princes, fairies, animals: Anything you can imagine! When I was a baby, I even dressed up as an M&M (the chocolate candy). Halloween is about pretending to be someone else for a day.
I was a bunny


At school, the students have also been working hard to decorate the building. Here are some photos of the very talented 6B students and their Halloween poster.




HAPPY HALLOWEEN


No comments:

Post a Comment